Friday, May 30, 2008

Car Accident Update

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28


I just received the police report for the accident on May 14th that totaled our car. Apparently, the driver of the other vehicle had a) stolen the car he was driving (CVC 10851(a) - GTA), b) been driving under the influence of some substance (CVC 23152(a) - DUI), and (of course) had ran a red light (CVC 21453(a)). Wow! I had no idea of the severity of the situation.

This gives me even more to be thankful for. Here is what I am thanking God for today:
  1. That my children are safe and unscathed (as far as I can tell). In fact, they even slept very well the night of the accident, and there have been no issues thus far. Praise God!
  2. My wife and son were not in the car during the accident. They had just come down with the flu the day before and were not feeling well enough to travel to church that night. Both June and Micah would have been on the passenger (impact) side of the vehicle had they been in the car. Praise God!
  3. The other party was not seriously injured. He had a minor abrasion on his left tricep, and a minor cut behind his left ear. He was taken to Chino Valley Medical Center (probably to stitch up the cut behind his ear), but other than that was OK. Praise God!
  4. The car has been declared totaled. My insurance company has declared the car totaled, so now we are negotiating a fair price for the replacement of our vehicle. This will allow us to get a new vehicle sooner than if they had wanted to fix it, and it also eases my safety concerns about driving a rebuilt car. Praise God!
  5. A man who had committed Grand Theft Auto and was driving under the influence was stopped without any harm to anyone else, even himself. This could have turned out much worse with the potential for loss of life if he had been able to continue driving as he was. Thank God that we were able to be used to stop him. Praise God!

I will be negotiating with my insurance adjuster more on Friday. I would appreciate prayer as I strive to have an attitude that would please the Lord, while also striving to be a good steward of the resources that God has given us.

I'll keep everyone posted on our progress. God bless!

No comments: